Amazon 728x90

Friday, March 20, 2015

Are You Looking for the Best Mini Bike Clutch? You've Come To The Right Place...

Hilliard Extreme-Duty Clutch




One of my mini bike clutches recently burned up on my modded Baja 6.5 mini bike. I looked for one at a few local stores in my area and hadn't been able to found one. So I ended up buying it on Amazon.

I've learned that it's sometimes better to pay a little extra for a really good clutch then by a cheaper one. That's why I went with the Hilliard Extreme-Duty Centrifugal Clutch - 3/4in. Bore, 12 Tooth, 35 Chain Size which is what I've heard is better then most.for around $50 bucks. I also picked up some 35 roller chain and some 35 connector chain links. You could buy a regular cheap go kart/mini bike clutch on Amazon for under $30 bucks as long as you are careful not to heat it up.


 It really just depends on your engine mods and what type of riding you do. The cheap clutches tend to "burned up" on Baja mini bikes. Another great option is the Max Torque Clutch, I've never had problems with it. I've used the Max Torque Clutch on a few other mini bikes I've owned without any problems whatsoever.


Also it's important to learn to manage and care for a clutch chain that is to keep it cool and lubricated. Overheating, lack of lubrication, and having the lube in the wrong places lubricant kills most of the clutches.

Remember: Your clutch should always be locked up otherwise it's slipping towards an early death! In a perfect world you found right gear and keep the clutch locked and you will have no problem ....

Check this out, I've had the Max-Torque Centrifugal Clutch on my golden Pinto for the last five years both on a 5HP Briggs with standard spring and now in a clone 6.5HP Predator engine slightly modded with spring 3k rpm. Its all in the gear and how you treat it. I could use a little more leverage (12/60 with an air of 4.10 / 3.50 to 6), but I know when and when not to slide. I'm sure some of these other brands are fine too, but if it is cheaper and is familiar with it, why change.

I've learned more from riding without protective gear and in shorts, you can feel the heat blowing on your leg. It's kind of skill. Knowing how much the clutch can slide without heating.

No comments:

Post a Comment